E17 benchmarks

Jens Luedicke jens.luedicke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:54:05 CEST 2005

the usability of a window manager can hardly be measured by the amount
of windows it can create/show per second.

the numbers in the second test. they differ all up from the third
digit after the comma. the difference is hardly noticable for a
generic human.

granted, E17's graphic features are probably much more advanced than
those of the other window managers. but that's about it. when I tried
E17 the last time, it was all eye candy without any comfort.

On 6/9/05, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Just saw some benchmarks by rasterman for E17. Xfwm4 comes out at the bottom,
> far below metacity. That sounds wrong to me. Maybe it's useful, maybe not...
>
> http://www.rasterman.com
>
>         Jasper

Jens Luedicke
web: http://perldude.de/