Wrong background color in systray using composite extensions

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Jul 7 22:14:17 CEST 2005

Hi Bernhard,

AFAICT, the compositing manager in xfwm4 is very solid. All of the
reports I got have their roots from either X.org (things have improved
greatly since 6.8.2 though) or from NVidia proprietary drivers (things
are getting worse on this side unfortunately, so I've reverted to the
Open Source drivers and dropped the far too unstable NVidia closed
source drivers myself)

I would suggest to try the "nv" driver.

Cheers,
Olivier.