Wrong background color in systray using composite extensions

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 19:03:27 CEST 2005

Hello,

I just tried out the composite extensions of X.org (with the hardware
render acceleration of nVidia graphics driver) 6.8.2. I have the systray
in the panel.

If I use a fullscreen splash in Xfce startup, the first systray icon
(which is started while this splash is visible) has the background color
of this splash, i.e. the icon rectangle is displayed in this color
without the icon. But it works if I click on it. This problem occures if
transparency of the panel is deactivated, too.

Another problem: If I add a new icon and the panel is transparent, the
old icons become another background color but the icon is still visible.

Don't know if this is a problem of Xfce or X.org or the graphics driver.
That's why I don't post this as a bug report. Maybe the developers can
play a bit with systray in panel if they have a bit time left.

Regards,
 Bernhard