xfce4-panel freeze

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Jan 13 04:14:47 CET 2005

Rob Lahaye schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I have compiled xfce_4_2 branch from CVS on my FreeBSD system.
>
>I encounter occassional freezes of the the panel; no mouse input,
>no response whatever and the panel consumes all CPU capacity.
>So far it has happened about once a day or so.
>
>When I kill xfce4-panel application (need to use "kill -9"), and
>start it again manually, it's fine again.
>
>I can't tell as to what degree this is a FreeBSD issue, and how
>much it is a bug in xfce4-panel.
>
>I don't know how I can investigate further. Any ideas?
>
>Rob.

The same problem was reported to the list a few weeks ago. It obviously
didn't get much attention.
I have these panel freezes as well (4.2 RC3) but I'm unable to determine
why they are caused.
All I'm able to report is that the panel freezes occur without any user
action (except mouseover event, perhaps).

Regards,
Jannis