xfce4-panel freeze

Rob Lahaye roblahaye at home.nl
Thu Jan 13 04:03:39 CET 2005

Hi,

I have compiled xfce_4_2 branch from CVS on my FreeBSD system.

I encounter occassional freezes of the the panel; no mouse input,
no response whatever and the panel consumes all CPU capacity.
So far it has happened about once a day or so.

When I kill xfce4-panel application (need to use "kill -9"), and
start it again manually, it's fine again.

I can't tell as to what degree this is a FreeBSD issue, and how
much it is a bug in xfce4-panel.

I don't know how I can investigate further. Any ideas?

Rob.