cvs question

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Feb 18 14:13:23 CET 2005

Hi Juha,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:04:26PM +0200, Juha Kautto wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are planning a major upgrade to xfcalendar. The idea is to drop dbh
> and use ical instead. It means that CVS version of xfcalendar will be
> rather unstable for a while and new features will come and go fast.  But
> since we also fixed all 4.2 bugs and added some minor features into the
> current 4.2, I would like to freeze the current cvs version for 4.2.1
> release, which I suppose should happen fairly soon ?
>
> So is it possible to maintain two branches now in cvs ? How ?
> Like stable(=4.2.x bug fixes and minor featurtes)
> and HEAD(= new things).
>
> All hints are welcomed, I am new to Xfce dev and you probably have had
> the same issue before ?

Hehe, there already is a branch ;-)

For 4.0 (dead, I guess):

cvs co -r xfce_4_0 xfce4

For 4.2:

cvs co -r xfce_4_2 xfce4

For HEAD:

cvs co xfce4

After checking out a branch, commits from within that tree will go to the
correct branch automatically.

You can also switch between branches by using cvs update -r <branchname>, but
I personally use separately checked out trees.

	Jasper