How should XFC actually be integrated into Xfce?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Feb 3 16:59:08 CET 2005

Jeff Franks wrote:

> Considering the recent discussions on what should be included in the
> Xfce4 core desktop, and the touted changes (merging) for the CVS
> modules, I was wondering if XFC would be better kept as a separate
> Xfce sub-project, like Xfce Goodies, with its own CVS and web site
> (possibly at xfc.sourceforge.net), and its own release cycle.

hola,

Just keep in mind: even though you might not get(/want) xfc in the xfce
CVS root you are free to get XFC setup as a project on the Xfce server
(xfc.xfce.org?). This will greatly increase developer exposure to your
project as all devs of xfce would directly get read access (by default)
to your CVS tree. It would be easy to attract savy eyes this way. The
server is at your disposition!

sofar