How should XFC actually be integrated into Xfce?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 3 18:55:54 CET 2005

Jeff,

I think the bottom line is: do what you want.  This is your project, and
you should do whatever is going to be easiest for you.  If you think you
need a release schedule independent of Xfce, fine, do that.  If you want
to host it at xfc.xfce.org, fine, let Auke know, and do that.  If you
want to use Xfce CVS, do that.  I'm thinking we might want to make a new
toplevel module for this, so that's probably the only thing that would
warrant further discussion.

Sorry if I'm being short with you - I just feel like you're asking too
many questions and trying to talk this to death to make everyone happy.
When all is said and done, the library name doesn't matter.  I imagine
the same is true for other things as well.  Don't worry about all that
stuff: just get it done so people can actually start using it.

    -b