New file manager (WAS Re: xffm)

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Wed Feb 2 13:18:44 CET 2005

Auke Kok wrote:
> I hope you realize that *YOU* will have the choice because you *CAN*
> make the choice on this one, and that is something that other DE's fail
> to provide to you. (If I sound scary like RMS to you than that's intended).

ACK.

This was what I was trying to achieve with the sample configurations.
Unfortunately, people will not be able to understand the benefits of
xfce's modularity unless it is spoonfed to them through a configuration
manager. Otherwise people will see the full extent of xfce and assume
that it's getting bigger without realising that it's only as big as you
configure it to be.

Solution?

Give 'em a bunch of sample configs ranging from lean-and-mean to full
featured so that non-geeky types can take advantage of xfce's modularity.

-- b