shortcut manager and session manager

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Dec 28 16:48:14 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> That's the expected behaviour. The xfce-mcs-manager itself should not
> register with the session manager (well, the mcs manager should not be
> used for anything except managing settings). I haven't checked the new
> shortcuts manager, but I expected it to be a separate application, run
> from the session manager. Maybe you can explain your design and why you
> chose it?

Why would the shortcut manager be a separate application? It would be a
waste of resource, make startup time longer, all for nothing.

The parsing is already done is the MCS manager, what's the need to
duplicate that parsing in a separate application that would do nothing
by grabbing the keys?

Cheers,
Olivier.