Panel Settings Dialog (again)

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:56:01 CET 2005

>>- move DnD is nice but the dragged image has the part of the context
>>menu screenshot in it at least here :)
>

> Wow, I've never seen that. Not sure if that can easily be fixed. Would
> you mind creating a bug report for that in bugzilla?

Xorg 7.0 RC3, glib 2.10 and gtk 2.8.9 so maybe this has something to do
with these all being pretty new.
I'll file a bug.

> The 4.2 way is not possible with the current plugin API and I don't
> really like to change that.

Ok, understood. But can you elaborate please, I don't know about the two
panels' internals. How does that API affect UI moving? Aren't you
basically moving the icon or incrementing a counter and when settled
tell the plugin it's new position in both cases?

>>-I found it a bit confusing that the whole panel is occupied by the
>>tasklist plugin if that is added, but can get used to it. Maybe a border
>>around it as in systray would be more intuitive.
>

> But it would work less nicely, since you couldn't move the mouse to the
> screen edge to hit a task button.

Ok then maybe only on the sides of the taskbar where it touches other
plugins, left/right or top/bottom depending on panel orientation ;) It
may be too much work for little gain, it's just that at first it looks
like empty space (i.e panel) whereas it is a plugin area.

Jani