Goodies website [Was: Re: Return of the Panel Maintainer]

masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 18 03:06:23 CET 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:03:20 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> masse nicolas schreef:
> > Yes, as usual. This is why I would like to edit this wiki and make it
> > becoming the new xfce-goodies site. Because we also need someone to do
> > the job of maintening  the site, and nobody seems to do this currently.
> > Even if I have less time this year than before (I had my diploma and
> > found a job 2 month ago :-) ), I think I can find some in order to do so.
> > Also, a wiki is a good idea since it can be easily edited by anyone.
> > I can also edit the current one, but that's just (quite a lot) harder
> > (say need more time) to do.
> > bountykiller.
> >

> Damn, I'm replying to a mail from 28 november. Sorry for not doing so
> earlier!

Wich means you really take care to read all the post. Congratulations ;)

> For what it's worth, I think you would be a perfect candidate to
> maintain/set up the goodies web site! Maybe some other (active) goodies
> developers could help out.

Perfect, I don't think so since I'm not a web developer, but since nobody else take time to do it, i'll try to it myself.

> This month, due to many social obligations, I will be away for much of
> the time, so it may not be the best time to do a full transition from
> berlios to the new Xfce server (website and svn).
>
> My suggestion would be to do this at the start of January and it would
> be great if we could get better cooperation between the websites of
> different subprojects and maybe even a Xfce web team with a few people
> that can spend some time on improving the navigation and layout of all
> Xfce sites.

Ok for me. I have began to do a (very)fast rewrite of the xfce-goodies site, so we can already talk about the layout but also the content of the site. (I will try to complete this before the end of next week, but can't give any guarantee.)

> Of course if other people have a lot of time and are willing to work on
> this, we should move forward as soon as possible ;-)

Sure.
> 	Jasper

Bountykiller