Panel Settings Dialog

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Dec 16 09:05:57 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have just committed an alternative implementation for the panel
settings dialog. Maybe some of you could have a look and tell me what
you think.

It is a bit more traditional in the sense that it shows a list of items
on the selected panel with a couple of buttons to move an item, remove
it or add a new item. This last button opens a separate dialog with the
list of all available items. It is still possible to use drag and drop
from this dialog, but it also allows a user to add items one by one.

Screenshot: http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/files/settings-dialog.png

I was hoping that this would make things a little easier to discover,
especially moving items.

You can switch between implementations by replacing
'panel_manager_dialog' with 'panel_settings_dialog' in panel/panel-app.c
and recompiling.

Please let me know what you think:

[ ] Drag and drop only (previous dialog).
[ ] Indirect manipulation + drag and drop (new dialog).

Thanks,
	Jasper