new 'Megahertz' panel plugin

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Mon Aug 1 14:39:11 CEST 2005

Wit Wilinski wrote:

>Hello ;)
>
>I just started writing a new XFCE panel plugin. It is called Megahertz and is based on AnotherClock.
>It will display current CPU frequency - XFCE lacks such a monitor.
>
>I currently work on processor speed parsing from /sys entries. The first version will be hardcoded to cpu0 only (and I doubt SMP machines have cpu-scaling possibilities). If required, I will make the plugin more flexible.
>
>TODO for future versions is a grahical representation of the cpu speed (like gnome panel applet does;)
>
>Could I get an r/w svn account, so I can upload the code as soon as I'll make something useful?

Hi,

the panel plugins are currently in the xfce goodies. Please create a
berlios account and tell Jasper what your account is, he can then add
your plugin to the goodies site.

In the future (AFTER the new server is online) the goodies will most
likely move (optional) to the xfce site, but for now they stay on berlios.

sofar