new 'Megahertz' panel plugin

Wit Wilinski madman at linux.bydg.org
Mon Aug 1 14:23:03 CEST 2005

Hello ;)

I just started writing a new XFCE panel plugin. It is called Megahertz and is based on AnotherClock.
It will display current CPU frequency - XFCE lacks such a monitor.

I currently work on processor speed parsing from /sys entries. The first version will be hardcoded to cpu0 only (and I doubt SMP machines have cpu-scaling possibilities). If required, I will make the plugin more flexible.

TODO for future versions is a grahical representation of the cpu speed (like gnome panel applet does;)

Could I get an r/w svn account, so I can upload the code as soon as I'll make something useful?

--
[ JID: madman at jabber.autocom.pl ] [ http://madman.2ya.com ]