source of XFCE4.3 crashes

Wei-Tsun Sun knightw at world-net.co.nz
Mon Aug 1 21:19:21 CEST 2005

I did an upgrade of gtk-2.7 two weeks ago, same problem occoured as you described in other replies.

Acutally, what my suggestion is, that gtk-2.6.8 is just sweet, unless you are so hunger for a new thing, otherwise
dev- packages might not need to keep up the latest pace.

I only use SVN version of the xfce4-panel, and leave others to ones on os-works (I am using debian), sine I am satisfied with
what Ive got in the other parts of xfce components.

Besides, I found that the CPU plugin from goodies ``might'' increase your CPU load of X process for a long run, therefore I just
wrote up a similar app on the tray.

By the way, I fully agree the point of view on the systemtray plugin with SVN version of the xfce4-panel, since it couldnt show
full icon of those apps. I use the older versions of that plugin to overcome this con.

cheers,

willie