Lightweight display manager

Maxime GEORGE-BOURREAU maximegb at free.fr
Sun Apr 17 13:04:48 CEST 2005

Biju Chacko a écrit :

> I'd suggest you start by looking at what the others are doing. Why
> don't you look at gdm, kdm, xdm and wdm. That will probably give you a
> better idea of what niche needs to be filled.

Thank you for this advice. In fact, I started to study gdm, for at least
three reasons :
- I think that the need for some is a light version of gdm (no network
transparency, no bonobo & gconf dependencies).
- IMHO, a light version of gdm must be nice looking, especially for
linux's beginners.
- For the moment, It's not realistic to start from scratch.

Maxime
http://maximegb.free.fr