xfwm4 cvs bug

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Thu Sep 23 18:29:44 CEST 2004

	More info:

	If I comment (delete) the line in /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc
related to xfce-session AND the one related to xfdesktop is commented as:

xftaskbar4&
#xfdesktop& <----
xfcalendar &

and placed in

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4 --daemon
xfdesktop& <----

then it works fine. Is it some kind of race condition issue?

When I active xfce-session in /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc, the
problem appears again. If then I delete all the lines in
/usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc related to xfdesktop, then it works
fine. If then I open a xterm and save the session, I can re-enter in
xfce and the xterm appears. But if I open a note and save the session,
when re-entering in xfce my desktop shows only the note.When I close I
see like a flash with the panel and the xterm.

	I think there is some issue with xfce-session, xfdesktop and/or xfwm4?
Perhaps two desktops or two sessions are openend?

Xavier