[Xfce-advocacy] Re: Reminder: Beta 2 this WE

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Oct 29 11:05:29 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:41:34AM +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>>Formal release notes look also adds value to the project IMHO, so people
>>don't recognize Xfce as just another hacker project (yes I know, some
>>people prefer the hacker image, but I think we can all agree that a
>>professional appearance is the better choice), but a worth alternative
>>to other desktop environments.
>>

> Please, let's keep the beta release notes simple. The final 4.2.0 release
> should make as big a splash as possible with a lots of marketing-speak in the
> release notes and explanation of the project, etc. Betas are for people who
> already know what xfce is and are curious to see what's new and would like to
> help out with testing.

IMHO the betas are quite stable already and therefore I think it would
be a good idea to attract new users ASAP in the release process.

And btw. I think the current release notes document is quite ok for a
BETA. I can take care of it, I just need a native speaker to check it
afterwards. :-)

> 	Jasper

Just my 2 cents...

Benedikt