is Xfce getting too bloated ?

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:36:42 CEST 2004

This sounds rather mysterious to me. A few months ago I happen to have
to configure a few old PC's as Linux boxes, and the difference between
running KDE3 and XFCE4 was *huge*. In short, KDE was completely
unusable on those boxes, while XFCE4 is (provided that I take care to
avoid KDE or GNOME apps).

Perhaps the small difference between KDE3 and XFCE4 startup times only
shows that you have good hardware. On not-so-good hardware, the
difference is not so small.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:15:28 -0400, purslow at sympatico.ca