Cygwin, xffm: core dump

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Fri Oct 1 17:53:24 CEST 2004

El vie, 01-10-2004 a las 07:27, Maarten Boekhold escribió:
> > Hmm... mime_icon_load_theme is happening twice. Nothing wrong with that,
> > but on the second time it should not create the icon hash again.
>
> Would this be fixed by the changes you made?

No. I'm not sure there is a problem here, but I will check and correct
if necessary.

> > After your solving of the first crash, I think the problem is due to
> > more missing symbols in the IMPORTS file. The IMPORTS file does not have
> > symbols for the modules loaded from ligxfcegui4/xfce4-modules. I've now
> > fixed and committed to CVS the perl script so that these symbols are
> > also included in the IMPORTS file. HTH.
>
> Hmm, that sounds wierd. The modules from libxfcegui4/xfce4-modules
> (whenceforth called 'the modules') are loaded and accessed using
> g_module_open & g_module_symbol. But what you are saying above implies
> that you also access symbols in the modules outside of the g_module
> framework, eg. as if you had linked against those libraries. No offense,
> but if that is the case, it is really bad design, and we should fix that
> instead.

No, no symbols within the modules are accessed outside of g_module_open
& g_module_symbol. I just am a bit confused about what cygwin needs in
the IMPORTS file.

> You should not/cannot treat a library as a module *and* as a regular
> shared library at the same time. Use one or the other, but not both.

Definitely.

> Do you have any idea *which* symbols from the modules are used by xffm
> without retrieving their address using g_module_symbol?

None whatsoever. So my guess about what was causing the crash is
probably wrong.

regards,

Edscott