Cygwin, xffm: core dump

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Fri Oct 1 14:27:32 CEST 2004

> Hmm... mime_icon_load_theme is happening twice. Nothing wrong with that,
> but on the second time it should not create the icon hash again.

Would this be fixed by the changes you made?

> After your solving of the first crash, I think the problem is due to
> more missing symbols in the IMPORTS file. The IMPORTS file does not have
> symbols for the modules loaded from ligxfcegui4/xfce4-modules. I've now
> fixed and committed to CVS the perl script so that these symbols are
> also included in the IMPORTS file. HTH.

Hmm, that sounds wierd. The modules from libxfcegui4/xfce4-modules
(whenceforth called 'the modules') are loaded and accessed using
g_module_open & g_module_symbol. But what you are saying above implies
that you also access symbols in the modules outside of the g_module
framework, eg. as if you had linked against those libraries. No offense,
but if that is the case, it is really bad design, and we should fix that
instead.

You should not/cannot treat a library as a module *and* as a regular
shared library at the same time. Use one or the other, but not both.

Do you have any idea *which* symbols from the modules are used by xffm
without retrieving their address using g_module_symbol?

Maarten