RC1 compile/link error

Randy Aoshi Chung aoshi at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Nov 15 23:58:16 CET 2004

Sorry if that came off the wrong way, it wasn't meant to be a flame to
Gentoo (it'd be kind of awkward if it was, seeing how I'm actually running
Gentoo at home...).  The reason I brought up Gentoo and its slots is
because Purslow alluded to being a Gentoo user, and seemed to be implying
that it was the Xfce dev team's job to make the side by side installation
work.

Besides which, if he's running Gentoo then an easy solution is just to
build binary packages for both 4.0 and 4.2 and then switching back to 4.0
w/o having to recompile if 4.2 blows up.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

--

Randy