Visted link color in documentation is hard to discern

Jeff Franks jcf at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 14 13:33:06 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm still here. Having finished the rebranding of the GFC source code to
XFC I've been rewriting the documentation and tutorial for its two
libraries: xfccore and xfcui. I wasn't going to bother you with XFC
until after you released Xfce 4.2 because I know you are all busy, but I
have a small, small documentation issue.

Obviously I want the documentation to look and feel like Xfce
documention so I have been using the same colors, fonts and font size.
After rewriting lots of html pages I started to notice how hard it was
the read the visited link color *#003366*. The problem is that this
color is close to *#000000* (the bold text color) and too close
*#154374* (the heading color) to easily discern at first glance. The
a:link color *#3366CC* and the a:hover link color *#3399FF* are great.
These link colors are easily visible in a sentence, but visited links
seem to disappear because they blend in to the surrounding plain text,
bold text and small sub-headings. It is even harder to find the visited
link if bold is turned off.

I sent this in HTML so you can see what I mean. Is it possible to
consider another a:visited link color or indentifcation (? #003366 plus
an _underline_). The link text is supposed to look sufficiently
different from the surrounding text to easily identify it as something
special, and it should be easy on the eyes.

Jeff.

*
*