A little shadow patch ...

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Nov 12 11:39:24 CET 2004

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 00:59 +0100, Nikolas Arend wrote:
>

>>>Oh, yeah you are wrong.
>>>

>>So xfce is not meant for a broader audience? Pity, 'cause I think you
>>have a good chance to show everybody that an intelligent desktop implementation can
>>be both rich of features that really matter and lightweight and stable as well.
>>Unlike some well known OS for the i386 architecture.
>>

>Please read my statement again, I did not say I was against a broader
>audience, I said it's definitely not the initial goal, and it's still
>not the goal ("being a choice for a broader audience" would be a
>meaningless goal IMO)

exactly!

This is why I suggested that this type of 'tweak' goes into a separate
settings manager plugin. If that is technically possible (for another
3rd-party to modify xfwm4 behaviour somehow) it would provide other
people the ability to add fluff and wrap that in a separate package.

It would benefit the modularity and cleanness of xfce IMO, and it would
allow 3rd parties to provide functionality which some of us might
appreciate, without touching (too much) on the core xfce libs/xfwm4.

Olivier, do you think this would be a viable alternative?

sofar