Mouse shorcuts

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon May 10 22:23:08 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 21:57, purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:
> JH has apologised, so it's history, but can we please avoid abuse here ?
> there's nothing wrong with analogies: often they help clarify things.

Indeed.

> Xavier raised an important issue in a rational manner & deserves respect.
> moreover reading between his lines, he suffers some kind of disability
> which makes it less easy for him to use the default interface.

Whenever I take a car, I don't have to think about how it's configured,
and where is the whell, the brakes, the lights and so on. All cars are
more or less identical in this repect. You hopefully don't have to get a
"per car driving license".

So if Xavier analogy leads to a conclusion, I think that conclusion
would be that we are right in the way we make some decisions about
defaults.

> i disagree with OF re defaults vs configurability.

[...]

> the basic issue sb how easy it is to program (and maintain) the code
> which provides the extra options: if it's easy, they sb provided.

I already said that, I won't bloat the software for 100% of the users
just to please less than 1% of them.

If you don't like the way xfwm4 works, feel free to use another EWMH
compliant WM that pleases you better.

 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -