Mouse shorcuts

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Mon May 10 21:57:06 CEST 2004

040510 Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:56:00AM -0400, Chuck Mead wrote:
>> Jasper Huijsmans said:
>>> So, please keep asking these questions and discussing the user interface,
>>> but please don't use a car analogy to backup your point. If only for me
>> But I like cars! We could be talking about interfaces on women!
>> Would you prefer that?
> Aargh. "Et tu, brute?"

JH has apologised, so it's history, but can we please avoid abuse here ?
there's nothing wrong with analogies: often they help clarify things.

Xavier raised an important issue in a rational manner & deserves respect.
moreover reading between his lines, he suffers some kind of disability
which makes it less easy for him to use the default interface.

i disagree with OF re defaults vs configurability.
the basic issue sb how easy it is to program (and maintain) the code
which provides the extra options: if it's easy, they sb provided.
one of the great attractions of XFCE is that it is very configurable
& getting it comfortable for one's own use is quick & easy to do.

so how easy/not would it be to program user-configured mouse short-cuts ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca