Problems with xffm 4.1

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 29 16:08:47 CEST 2004

Le lundi 29 mars 2004 à 07:08, edscott wilson garcia a écrit:

> El dom, 28-03-2004 a las 08:25, Francois Le Clainche escribió:

> > Xffm options currently are: the settings are not saved anymore. But each
> > time I start xffm, a bunch of files with unreadable names is created in
> > my $HOME dir; these files contain xffm Options settings...

> That's weird. I have not noticed any behaviour like that. What version
> of glib do you have? It might be a problem there since the options
> settings are used with the glib xml parser routines.

2.2.3 (Debian unstable)

cf. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/xfce/snapshot.jpg

All the unreadable files you can see in the rox window on this screenie
are created on xffm startup.

My xffmrc.xml was modified the 03/17 for the last time, so I guess the
problem appeared around this date for the first time.

My laptop, with the same distro (and same glib), runs xfce 4_2 built the
03/16 and xffm works fine on it.

> > Moreover, since I use checkinstall to create Debian packages from src,
> > I've noticed that dpkg complains about the xfce.png file, which is
> > installed by xfce4-modules package too, at the same place.

> OK. Fixed and committed, but change will not be noticeable until you run
> the autogen.sh script (my autotools versions are wrong at the moment)

:)

> > PS: could you please bring back a "go to $HOME dir" button in the main
> > toolbar? I really miss it, even if there is a keyboard shortcut for
> > that.

> If you click (without release) on whichever of the above is showing, you
> will get a multiple button popup. Just move the mouse and release on
> your choice. Action will be performed and the button which shows is
> changed to that one (unless CTL is pressed, then the top button does not
> change) To top button without executing the action, use mouse button 3.

/me slaps his head. Thx Edscott.

Cheers
François
--