panel stuff

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 19 20:47:12 CEST 2004

hi all-

jasper, guess this is mainly for you....  i'm working on two things.

i'd like to be able to DnD items out of the desktop menu and onto the
panel, where a launcher will get created.  hooking up the drop signals
is fine, but it isn't immediately obvious to me how to have the panel
itself create a launcher.  i've looked around in controls.[ch] and
item.[ch], but i'm still a little confused.  could you point me in the
right direction?

i was poking around in your new icon code, and i really like it.  it
would be really nice if we could use the gtk stock icon stuff for that,
but, alas, it doesn't let you create fallbacks.  i'd like to use that
stuff in the desktop menu as well (i noticed a few icons of mine
disappeared when i ditched my old panel icon dirs and did an update).
would you be interested in moving that to libxfcegui4?  i wouldn't mind
doing most of the work for that.

    -brian