Windowmanager problem with Java 1.5

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 15:16:00 CEST 2004

Olivier,

* Olivier <fourdan at xfce.org> [2004-06-19 14:56]:

> Ah, yes, I see! the java window is just raising itself when mapped.
>
> I see no bug from xfwm4 side at least, and btw, there is nothing that
> should prevent an app to behave like that (I think it's more of a
> usability bug on Java side).

At least you can reproduce it. The people from Sun said that the
effect was not reproducable, that was the problem.

> I could easily prevent this from the window manager, but I still have to
> be convinced that is suitable...

Clear, but of course the bug should be fixed in Java and not prevented
from $BIGNUM windowmanagers.

So, can someone write a bugreport to Sun (maybe if I write another
one, they reject it again)?

Regards,
Bernhard