Session management - resent (did not recieve my copy ???)

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Jul 24 12:16:56 CEST 2004

M. Glenn Lewis wrote:
> Please forgive me if I am asking this question on the wrong list but I have
> asked on xfce4-user without obtaining any solution.
>
> I have been researching this subject on and off for weeks and am so far
> unable to successfully save and restore a session. If the session manager
> is still in alpha (or my version is not recent enough) or this feature is
> not yet fully implemented I can understand this - otherwise, I would
> appreciate it if someone could give me some instructions as to the use of
> this feature.
>
> My system is Debian 'Sarge' with Xfce4 4.0.5 (with some 4.0.6 modules).
>
> My xfce4-session is 0.1.3+20031231-2.

This version is ancient. It was more of a mistake that one of the early
xfce4-session snapshots made it into Debian (If your problem is gtk 2.4
related, then you should watch out for xfce4-session updates, I've send
a fix to the Debian Maintainer, Simon Huggins, a few weeks ago, so it
should hit the unstable/testing tree soon).

> Thanks in advance,
> MGL

Benedikt