Session management - resent (did not recieve my copy ???)

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Jul 24 12:32:40 CEST 2004

Salut M.!

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:38:49PM -0600, M. Glenn Lewis wrote:
> I have been researching this subject on and off for weeks and am so
> far unable to successfully save and restore a session. If the session
> manager is still in alpha (or my version is not recent enough) or this
> feature is not yet fully implemented I can understand this -
> otherwise, I would appreciate it if someone could give me some
> instructions as to the use of this feature.

> My system is Debian 'Sarge' with Xfce4 4.0.5 (with some 4.0.6
> modules).

> My xfce4-session is 0.1.3+20031231-2.

Yeah I think you need the -4 version.  The xfce4-session in Debian is
mostly a mistake.  Upstream don't release xfce4-session with the 4.0.x
branch of xfce4 and whilst the session manager is really useful the fact
it's not maintained for the stable branch means all the problems you see
are far more likely to be Debian ones than upstream ones  (sadly ;))

You're probably better off filing bugs in (or at least checking out) the
BTS at http://bugs.debian.org/xfce4-session for instance.

The -4 package should hit sarge the day after tomorrow barring disasters
I think as it's 9 of 10 days old.

--
----------(    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all    )----------
----------(             evidence that you tried.             )----------