Xfce 4.2 Schedule

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 22 09:01:38 CEST 2004

somewhat-related question.  about strings, what's the general opinion on
translating/not translating the strings that go into g_warning(),
g_critical(), g_error()?  personally i tend to leave them untranslated,
as i think of them more as messages for me than the user (if there's an
error the user needs to know about, i think it should be presented in a
dialog box, translated, of course).  if someone reports a bug and i need
to ask for console output, it's basically useless to me if it isn't in
english (or spanish, i suppose).  but i'm interested in other people's
opinions on this...

    -brian