xfmusic4 alpha release

Christian Dysthe christian at dysthe.net
Mon Jul 12 23:12:39 CEST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:17:01 -0400 (EDT), Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> perhaps a new CVS toplevel, e.g., xfce4-apps/xfmusic4?  i have no
> problem with leaving it out of xfce4 proper.  it's hard to say what
> constitutes an essential app in a "desktop environment" (however you
> want to define it), but in the spirits of being lightweight, a music
> player probably doesn't fit

Just my two cents: I though "lightweight" had two meanings when it came to Xfce. One being you could have a minimal lightweight environment to work in. The other being that the applications made for it was lightweight themselves. I do think a musicplayer belongs in Xfce "proper". In my case it's one of those applications I "always" use.

Finally, the music player icon is one of the default ones on the panel when you install Xfce. That kind of give it's importance away, doesn't it? It would be nice if it opened a "home bred" application.. :)

--
//Christian
Registered Linux User #228949 at: http://counter.li.org/

"Does the noise in my head bother you?"