Building XFCE on Cygwin

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Fri Jul 9 11:39:21 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> i spent some time trying to build xfce4 cvs under cygwin.  i got most of
> the base pacakges built, but i can't get any .dlls to build.  i tried
> adding -no-undefined, but that just spewed out a list of unresolved

Brian, what steps did you follow? I didn't get around to building the
panel packages yet, but I could for example easily get libxfce4util to
build as a shared library. I just added -no-undefined to
libxfce4util_la_LDFLAGS and 'autogen.sh && make && make install'.

libxfce4util_la_LDFLAGS =                                       \
         -export-dynamic                                         \
         -version-info @LIBXFCE4UTIL_VERINFO@                    \
         -export-symbols-regex "^[^_].*"                         \
         -no-undefined

This creates ${prefix}/bin/cygxfce4util-1.dll without problems.

Regarding the symbols in the panel binary that are referenced from the
panel plugins, I'm sure we can find a way around that. I'll ask the
cygwin mailing list.

Maarten

ps. I saw you already fixed the very first compile error I came across:
LINE_MAX undefined in xfce-rc-simple.c. Fast work!