Building XFCE on Cygwin

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 8 23:28:40 CEST 2004

i spent some time trying to build xfce4 cvs under cygwin.  i got most of
the base pacakges built, but i can't get any .dlls to build.  i tried
adding -no-undefined, but that just spewed out a list of unresolved
symbols.  so then i explicitly linked in the libraries that provide
them, but i get a libtool warning about not having shared libs of
libxfcegui4, etc.  i'll have to mess with this some more later.  this
probably means adding -no-undefined to everything, and making sure
everyone links to the proper libs.

on the downside, i'm not sure how some things are going to work - for
example, most panel plugins reference some symbols contained in the
panel binary itself, and you can't actually link to that...

	-brian