Changing libtool, automake, autoconf, gettext - testing required

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Jan 18 23:26:11 CET 2004

Hi all,

Due to some incompatibilities with recent 64bit AMD and Intel CPUs,
we'll have to update our built tools (namely libtool, automake,
autoconf, gettext)

I've built some testing packages based on 4.0.3.1 source base and placed
theme here:

http://xfce.org/archive/test/experimental/

Please try these source packages as widely as possible. I'm primarily
thinking of csm (if you have access to a x86_64 box), chris (for
solaris) or anybody else who has access to a non-intel system.

If these prove to build on a wide range of targets system, then we shall
standardize on the versions of the tools used to build these packages.

Thanks in advance,
Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org