xfce4-session under Solaris

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jan 15 22:43:50 CET 2004

Chris Greenman wrote:
> Hello,  I'm having trouble runnig xfce4-session under Solaris.  The
> problem I'm having is that when I try to logout using the xfce-panel
> button, all it seems to do is kill the panel and nothing else.  The only
> way to logout at that point is to open an xterm and kill xfce4-session.
>
> I understand (after talking with Craig Betts) that this is a known issue
> and was wondering if anyone has any suggestion what might be causing the
> hangup.

This is new to me. I didn't know that til now. What version of xfce4-session
you are using exactly (recent version provide a --version command line
option)? I need some more infos to fix this: What SM clients are running (->
Session Control)? Does manual session saving work? Do you use smproxy? Have
you tried to logout while only the XFce components are running, that is no
xterms etc. but only the panel, the desktop, taskbar, wm and maybe the
iconbox? Is it 100% reproducible or does it happen only from time to time? Is
there any message in .xsession-errors that could explain whats going on here?

> Later,
> Chris

regards,
Benedikt