xfce4-session under Solaris

Chris Greenman sol-pkgs at ckgreenman.net
Thu Jan 15 22:58:00 CET 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:43:50 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> This is new to me. I didn't know that til now. What version of
> xfce4-session you are using exactly (recent version provide a
> --version command line

--version doesn't give a version number but actually starts
xfce4-session.  The version I'm running is the version that was packages
with 4.0.3.1

> option)? I need some more infos to fix this: What SM clients are
> running (-> Session Control)?

Not sure what you;re asking for here.

> Does manual session saving work?

I don't think so.  I did try to save a session once but there is nothing
in $HOME/.xfce4/sessions

> Do you use smproxy?

Good question.  I DO know that I get:
/usr/local/etc/xfce4/default.session: smproxy: not found
when xfce4-session starts.

> Have
> you tried to logout while only the XFce components are running, that
> is no xterms etc. but only the panel, the desktop, taskbar, wm and
> maybe the iconbox?

Yes.

> Is it 100% reproducible

Yes.

> there any message in .xsession-errors that could explain whats going
> on here?

Can't find .xsession-errors anywhere in my homedir.

Chris