issues with x86_64 port

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Jan 10 22:37:14 CET 2004

Hi Chuck,

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 07:29, Chuck Mead wrote:
> The solution was to do the folowing in the build section:
>
> %build
> /bin/touch NEWS
> /usr/bin/libtoolize --force
> /usr/bin/aclocal
> /usr/bin/automake
> %configure
> make %{?smp_mflags} LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool

Are all parts really needed?

We use a version of libtool that is patched for being (or said to be)
compatible with Mac OS-X. Rerunning all this everytime the RPM is
rebuilt would break such things.

Another point is that adds another "rpmbuild" dependency on these tools.

I, however, don't see anything wrong with using the make flags you
mentionned. I clearly need a bit more of info.

Another point, did you try xfce4 on a x86_64 system?

I'm asking that because of that bug:

http://bugs.xfce.org/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000071

And I would like to know if you see any similar problem on x86_64.

TIA,
Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org