[REQUEST] Minimize Windows into Desktop Icons

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Tue Feb 3 02:58:59 CET 2004

-- Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote
(on Monday, 02 February 2004, 07:12 PM -0500):
> On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 16:22, Andre Lerche wrote:
>
> > It's an unique name for your pinboard. You can define several
> > different pinboards.  With -p you decide which pinboard to use. If you
> > want to create a new pinboard start rox with -p whatever_name_you_want
> > and add some icons via drag'n'drop.
>
> 	Ok, that worked but it's not the functionality I need.  The
> pinboard/rox took over the root window and stomped on xfdesktop, which I
> use quite a bit.  Since the MakeMenu utility allows for the recreation
> of the GNOME and KDE application menus I use it quite a bit to run
> things from instead of having 13 billion entries in the panel.

Right... forgot to mention that part, as I assumed that was known (it
was discussed earlier in the thread, I believe).

The menu from xfdesktop is the only portion of xfdesktop I really want
-- I really wish it could be separated out or put into xfwm. However,
since I also want my pinboard and iconify-to-pinboard, I use ROX... and
another little app called deskmenu (I believe it's originally from the
oroborus project?); since I'm on Debian, I always have an up-to-date
list of my applications available in this menu, so I get to have my cake
and eat it too.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/