Changing number of SHORTCUTS from 10

Rob Lists lists at dympna.com
Wed Dec 29 04:40:36 CET 2004

Greetings xfce folks.

I've recently started using XFCE after having used KDE for the last couple of
years. (and Gnome, *step, FVWM before that)

I also got a M$ wireless keyboard/mouse for Christmas and set it up in XFCE
but ran out of SHORTCUTS which are hard coded to 10.  I've grabbed CVS xfwm4
and edited settings.h, settings.c, client.c and events.c (anywhere a greb for
SHORTCUT returned something).

It compiles fine, however, I can't add additional shortcuts via settings or by
editing the .theme/Elite/xfwm4/keythemerc.

I also get 6 (I added 6 SHORTCUTS from 10 to 16) messages on startup:

** (xfwm4:27040): CRITICAL **: file keyboard.c: line 58 (parseKeyString):
assertion `str != NULL' failed

It's fairly obvious that I've missed something, any pointers as ~line 58 isn't
in keyboard.c isn't very helpful.

Oh, in settings.h I added the SHORTCUTS starting at 61 and changed the
KEYCOUNT to 67.

__
Rob