4.2-RC3 Mail checker & pop3 entry: missing port number

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Dec 29 11:13:12 CET 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Biju Chacko wrote:
>
>> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>
>>> anyway, [pop3 port selection] patch committed with the fixed format
>>> string.  works ok here.
>>

>> Should we really be adding features at this point in time?
>

> probably not, but it's pretty much zero-risk.  if jasper feels otherwise
> and wants to revert it, that's his choice.  personally, i'd consider the
> lack of port selection to be a bug that we just fixed ^_~.  of course,
> overall, the mailcheck plugin really needs a complete overhaul, but
> that's for 4.4...

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse. -- Cato the Elder

If you translate that and change the subject to mail checker, it becomes
some thing like 'And in conlusion I think the mail checker should be
destroyed' ;-) That should be my .sig.

I believe mail checking notification should be done using a notification
icon, not a panel plugin.

The change is fine by me, btw ;) We should problably update the
documentation to reflect that...

	Jasper