Xfce Helper proof of concept

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 01:24:02 CEST 2004

I agree with putting environment variable control in XFce. I would
assume that this would be added to the session manager, or at least
it's MCS plugin?

As for being lighter than xffm for simply opening documents, that does
seem reasonable. I'd also like to see a global registry of MIME types
-> applications in xffm. Or is there and I'm missing it?

-erik

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:08:40 -0500, edscott <edscott at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
> El vie, 27-08-2004 a las 00:34, Jasper Huijsmans escribió:
>

> > I meant it as a replacement for using $TERMCMD and $BROWSER in our
> > scripts, so that the user can change these rather important settings
> > from the GUI.
>
> I see. The only problem is that some executables also depend on the
> mentioned environment variables. I would rather spend 2 cents changing
> the environment variables directly with the GUI, like on windowsNT.
>
> Otherwise, I might still not understand the concept of use you visualise
> in your mind's eye.
>
> regards,
>
> Edscott

-Erik