Icons on desktop

Marcelo Coelho mcoelho at student.dei.uc.pt
Sun Aug 22 02:42:34 CEST 2004

> Try $PREFIX/xfwm4/themes/default.keys/keythemerc

Found it, edited it!

    unnecessary imitation of KDE or even M$ & are unlikely to be
implemented as such in Xfce.

Well, i think that depends on what a person wants. Me, per example, i've
been searching the web for months for a file manager that has the same
capability as the windows explorer. Nautilus is close, but to get it is
necesssary gnome. It looks like i have to code it myself. xffm4 is very
good too, better in my opinion than nautilus, but i think it misses the
area where the files are shown as icons, not as a tree. I think that it
is more easy to work with. Icons on a desktop is diferent. It's handy to
have a place that is "right there", waiting for some drag and drop! I
don't want to sound like M$ fan, just a linux student, that searches for
ease of use and no reboots!

And thanks for tip about apwal. It's a pitty it works for just some
seconds. It does what i wanted a transparent toolbar to do: be able to
use apps shortcuts and see my desktop background at the same time!