xfwm4 kbd shortcut editor feature request

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Aug 8 06:53:06 CEST 2004

Randy Chung wrote:

> Yes, that's what I'm saying.
>
> It would be awfully confusing if the key bindings were constantly
> changing, wouldn't it :)  It was more of a thought to chew on than
> anything; the way things are now is working fine, so there's no real
> pressing need to change it.
>
> An automagically run migration script would definitely be useful, but
> upon further reflection it seems like some sort of notification to the
> user is most important.  Hoping they figure out they have to check the
> key binding editor (assuming they're aware such a thing exists) seems
> like a bit shaky of a solution :)

or perhaps something simpler - when you edit the keybindings for the
first time, it copies _all_ values to the "user modified" portion,
regardless if you edited every option or not.  then, if new keybindings
are added later, you still stick with the one's you're used to, but the
new features get pulled in from the new defaults file.

    -brian