CVS compilation tool

Randy Chung aoshi at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Aug 3 06:25:23 CEST 2004

What I did in my Makefile to avoid having to compile the whole thing as
root is split the modules into two sets.  The first set has four
packages, the three libs + mcs-manager, and the second set is everything
else (with xfce4-panel coming first, as you have).  This way you can
just build the first four as root, the rest as joe user.  It isn't too
hard to implement, just a lot of copy and pasting the original :)

It doesn't seem like too big of a deal, but I thought I'd just point
that out.

On another note, the PKG_CONFIG_PATH looks kind of broken to me.  If I
have 4.0.6 installed in /usr/local/, then the pc's from 4.0.6 are going
to be found first and the configure script will scream and yell at you
for not having the right version.  What should work is if
PKG_CONFIG_PATH is instead set so that the pc's of the CVS version are
put in before the other paths, i.e. instead of:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:(target dir)

try:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=(target dir):$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

This way the new CVS pc's get found first, and life is happy.

--

Randy