CVS compilation tool

Tue Aug 3 05:43:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 14:57, Anton Markov wrote:
> Oops... I forgot about the build order. Marc Schwatz's script looks
> much
> more complete than mine.

Hi all,

In follow up to this thread, for those interested, I have posted two
scripts on my web site for use with the xfce and xfce-goodies cvs
repositories.

The two scripts are:

http://www.medanalytics.com/build

http://www.medanalytics.com/build-goodies

The first is for the xfce cvs and the second for the xfce-goodies cvs.

Please note that there are directory variables in the scripts that need
to be set for the main xfce4 download directory (both) and the
xfce-goodies download directory (second only). These need to be set for
the scripts to work properly. Also note that I run these as root,
typically using 'su', since the install process requires root access
privileges.

Please feel free to use/edit/modify these as required.

If anyone has any comments or notes any problems, please let me know. I
have tried to keep these relatively straightforward, so hopefully any
specific issues will be minimal and easily reparable.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz