suse rpms on RC4

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.j.ollakka at students.oamk.fi
Thu Sep 11 22:22:14 CEST 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 15:06:09 -0500, Scott Jones wrote:

> Good news.  The meta-package works, no problems.

great :)

> Would xfdesktop be considered a core part of xfce4?  (I had to install
> it separately.)

Yes it's part of xfce4's release,and xfce4 meta package requires
xfdesktop, it doesn't require specific version of it,but apt-get upgrade
should upgrade your xfdesktop. so you had xfdesktop allready installed,
you only had to upgrade it

> What do you think about doing a meta-pkg of the extras (-toys, -themes,
> panel plugins, etc.), and maybe another for the -devel packages?  It's
> not a big deal to me, but might make it a little easier for new users
> to install those bits, as well as making for cleaner upgrades.

upgrades should happen on apt-get upgrade automaticly, I made that meta
rpm so it would be easy to install xfce4 release. maybe you're right
and I should add mode version requirements in there, but I don't see
what use would be separate extra meta package on rpm's that comes on
release.

--
Ilkka Ollakka (ilkka.j.ollakka at students.oamk.fi)
GPG public key ID:87D0FC15