suse rpms on RC4

Scott Jones scott at exti.net
Thu Sep 11 22:06:09 CEST 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 08:25, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:

> suse rpm's are in normal place
> http://students.oamk.fi/~olilju00/xfce4/
>
> also xfce4 rpm's should be soon in ftp.gwdg.de's apt4rpm in
> suser-ollakka component. let's see if this is the first release when
> my rpm's work on first build ;)

Good news.  The meta-package works, no problems.

I do have a couple of questions, though (of course ;)):

Would xfdesktop be considered a core part of xfce4?  (I had to install
it separately.)

What do you think about doing a meta-pkg of the extras (-toys, -themes,
panel plugins, etc.), and maybe another for the -devel packages?  It's
not a big deal to me, but might make it a little easier for new users
to install those bits, as well as making for cleaner upgrades.

--
Scott Jones
(scott at exti dot net)